What does EMS stand for?
EMS stands for Emergency Medical Service.
How to hire an ambulance?
- Enter your destination address in the “Where to?” box
- Enter ‘Current Location’ as your pickup location or enter your own address
- Swipe through the list of vehicle options available in your area. Tap one to select it for your ambulance.
- Tap “Estimate”. The app shows you the fare. If you agree with that tap “Check Availability”
- Wait while the app matches you with a driver
- Once a driver accepts your request, you’ll see their location on the map
When and where is URAL EMS available in my city?
URAL EMS is available all around Bangladesh. With URAL EMS app, you can request an ambulance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How to contact a driver?
If you wish to contact your driver about a pickup location or talk about other details of the ambulance you requested, you can do that through the app.
To contact your driver:
- Tap the bar that displays the driver’s info at the top-right portion of your screen
- Select “Contact” to choose between calling and messaging your driver
Note that drivers may not answer their phones or reply to a text message while driving.
How to identify a driver and an ambulance?
When you request an ambulance, your app sends your request to nearby drivers. After you’re matched with a driver, your app shares info about the vehicle and driver headed to your pickup location. Tap the bar that includes the driver’s name, photo, and vehicle.
When you see the ambulance, confirm that the license plate number displayed in your app matches the actual vehicle. Drivers will ask your name/patient’s name before picking up the patient(s).
How to rate a driver?
Ratings allow us to ensure great service for patients. We take ratings very seriously; drivers/ambulances with low ratings lose permission to serve under URAL.
In the app at the end of each service, you’ll be able to rate your driver from 1 to 5 stars. You can also provide specific feedback about the service or your driver from a list of common issues.
Certain issues (fare amount, app issues etc.) are not your driver’s fault. Therefore when these are selected as the reasons for a low rating on the service, it does not count toward the driver’s overall rating.
Note: A driver’s overall rating is an average of his or her last 500 completed services. They’ll never see the specific rating you give.
Having trouble choosing a rating for your driver?
Here are a few tips:
– Most patient/attendants provide a 5-Star rating unless there was a specific issue with the service
– If we see a 1-Star rating, it typically means that there is a serious problem with a driver
How are fares calculated?
Service fares are calculated upfront. With upfront pricing, you know the exact cost of your service before requesting. This fare includes (but is not limited to):
-A base rate
-Rates for estimated time and distance of the route
However, your fare may increase if you travel to a different destination or make extra stops along the route, or the service takes much longer than expected.
Does URAL have recurring charges?
Good news! There are no recurring charges or membership fees for using URAL. You are only charged for the ambulances you take.
How to update account settings
- Select “Settings” in the main app menu
- Tap the bar that displays your profile info
- Tap the information you want to change.
- Make your updates and click save.
How is my rating determined?
After each service, patients/attendants and drivers have the opportunity to rate one another from 1 to 5 stars, based on their service experience.
A driver or patient/attendant’s overall rating is displayed as an average. For example, a highly-rated patient/attendant might have 4.9 stars.
Ratings are anonymous. Neither patient/attendants nor drivers see individual ratings tied to a particular service or person. Candid, constructive, and respectful feedback is beneficial for everyone.
Providing a rating fosters mutual respect between patient/attendants and drivers. This strengthens our community and help everyone get the most from URAL. We appreciate your participation.
How to know my rating?
To see your rating:
- Open the app and touch the menu
- Your rating is the number displayed under your name
How do I create a URAL account?
Creating a URAL account requires a valid mobile number that can receive an SMS. Once you complete this part of the signup process, we send a text SMS to verify your phone number.
How to download the app?
You can download and install the URAL EMS app on Android devices with operating system 4.4 and newer. Head to the Google Play store and follow these steps:
- Tap the Google Play icon.
- Tap the search bar, type URAL EMS, then tap Search.
- Select the URAL EMS icon and tap INSTALL.
- After app installation is complete, tap OPEN.